Thursday, July 17, 2014

Eye Product Review: e.l.f. waterproof eyeliner pen

three and a half out of five stars


I really, really wanted to love this.  It is supposed to be a super easy to use liquid liner that is jet black and stays put.

Best uses: everyday definition for your eyes.

What I like:  The pen is fairly easy to use, it's not messy and it stays put.  It gives a more precise look than kohl eyeliner.  It lasts all day, no matter how long my day is or if I rub my eyes.

What I don't like:  It takes longer than a kohl eyeliner and is not as easy.  It goes on jet black but dries a more translucent grey, this is really noticeable if you did a bold line.  It can be hard to get the line the same width on your eyes.  I tend to put more pressure on the pen when I apply on my left eye, even though I try not to.

How I use it:  I don't use this that often, when I do, I try for a thin line.  The thicker your line the more obvious the greying will be.  

line greying after a few minutes


Have damp q-tips handy before you start.  If you make a mistake you need to remove it very quickly before it dries.  It really is waterproof within seconds and if you have to use eye makeup remover to fix it, it will be harder to apply it without is bleeding or smudging.


Overall, I don't regret this purchase.  I paid $1 for this on the half off new and bestsellers sale at eyelipsface.com.


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment