Thursday, June 19, 2014

Make your cheekbones POP!

I follow Benefit cosmetics on Instagram.  They have some pretty cool marketing and their products always have the funnest names.  Yesterday they posted a tip called "the jelly doughnut."  You use illuminator around your cheekbones/apple of your cheeks and then put blush in the center of your "doughnut" and blend.




I tried it yesterday...Wow!  I have never had my cheeks look so sculpted and gorgeous.  These pics really don't do it justice.


Before (sorry it's so blurry)

Can you see the ring of shiny color on my cheek?

Ring and blush in the middle, preblend

The finished look!  I think this is easier and maybe even better than highlighting and contouring.
I used my e.l.f. all over color stick as my highlight because it is somewhat frosty.  I used my e.l.f. baked blush in rich rose to pack in the middle of my circle.  Then I blended the edges of the circle and the middle with the blush.


You've got to try it!  Thanks for reading :)

post signature

Linking up with: Fry Sauce & Grits, Makeup Monday

10 comments:

  1. Ooooh Jessica, you have just taught me something. And, I love ELF, so I am definitely going to try this for sure. Thanks for the tip.

    Thrifting Diva
    www.thriftingdiva.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I hope it works wonders for you as well :)

      Thanks so much for stopping by!
      Jess

      Delete
  2. I had no idea about the donut thing! I'll have to try it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hatd never heard of it either! I had to adapt it, because I don't have the products they suggested, but I love the results!

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Jess

      Delete
  3. Ooh - it looks great on you! I'll definitely have to try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cate! I was worried about these pictures really not showing the effect, but I think they did okay.

      Thanks for stopping by!
      Jess

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing your blush tips on the Be.You.Tiful Link Party! Hope to see you there again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Thanks for hosting the link up :)
      Jess

      Delete