Monday, May 26, 2014

Hair Product Review: Nioxin System 2, Cleanser, Scalp Treatment, Scalp Therapy (fine hair visibly thinning)

4.5 out of 5 stars


Best uses: 

making thinning/fine hair appear thicker, helping thinning hair regrow.

Why I love it:  

After I had my little boy, I started losing a ton of hair, which is normal, but I lost it and lost it and lost it for months.  I don't think that is normal.  Whenever I pulled my hair back you could see a ton of scalp in the front :(.  I felt so ugly and bald.  Ulta had this trial kit on sale for $19.99 and a $3.50 off any purchase of $10 or more coupon, so I decided to try the full system.  It helped give the hair that I had a lot of body and within a month I had a lot less scalp showing when I pulled my hair back.  Now my hair is pretty much back to its normal self at the roots, which is amazing, because it really was so thin and noticeably patchy.

How I use it: 

I got my hair really wet, lathered the Cleanser then applied it to my scalp and massaged it around well and then rinsed.  I applied the Scalp Therapy (conditioner) from scalp to ends, massaged a bit and let it sit for about two minutes, massaged a bit more and rinsed.  After I got out of the shower and had wrung my hair out (gently) a few times, I pumped 2-3 pumps of the Scalp Treatment into my hands, rubbed them together a bit and then applied to my scalp and roots like mousse.  I concentrated more on the areas around my forehead and temples because that's where my hair thinned out the most.

I ran out of the conditioner a while ago (that always happens) and so I still use the shampoo occasionally and try to remember to use the Scalp Treatment almost every time I wash.



post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment