Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pool Day

Today I was lucky enough to go to the pool with my two sisters and my mom.  We had a lot of fun and were in and out of the water all day.

My husband said something about me having pool hair and I decided I wanted to try doing a hair treatment while he was out at fire training (he's a volunteer fire fighter).

Here's the recipe for the treatment:

2-3 Tablespoons coconut oil
1 egg

I found this on Andrea's Choice on Youtube.  I really like her videos and trusted that this would be awesome, because she has amazingly gorgeous hair.

I put the coconut in the microwave on a lower setting to slowly warm it up and make it liquid.  You can also heat it in a small sauce pan on the stove.  Don't get it too hot, you don't want to cook your egg with the oil.

Once the oil was warm and melted, I just mixed the egg in with it.  I did this in the bathroom because applying the treatment is messy.  I sectioned my hair into two sections and applied it first to the ends and then to my scalp.

Then I scrunched it through all of my hair and put it in a messy bun on top of my head and used saran wrap to cover it.  This is supposed to help your hair hold in the heat and make the treatment work better.  I was just hoping it would keep the eggy stuff from dripping down my face, but I wasn't that lucky.

I feel like I will probably do this treatment again, but without the egg.  The coconut oil is supposed to be amazing for your hair.  Apparently the structure of the oil is very compatible with hair and is able to penetrate better than other oils.  I was getting grossed out by the mixture dripping down my face because of the egg.  I definitely will consider that before I do any other treatments with egg in them.

Back to the pool outing....

When I got home I was very happy to see that my mascara had not smudged or smeared at all and that my eye shadow also was mainly in place.

I am loving my Maybelline Define-a-Lash waterproof mascara this summer!  I would be hating it though, if I did not have my Pond's cold cream to remove it with.  I also, of course, love my trusty little Revlon eye lash curler.

No comments:

Post a Comment