Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Review: One 'n Only Shiny Silver Ultra Conditioning Shampoo + Conditioner

4.5 out of 5 Stars

Best uses: combating yellow or orange tones in medium to light blonde hair (it works better in lighter blonde hair).

Why I picked it:  I had heard good things about Clairol's Shimmering Lights purple shampoo, but I had also read that it smelled bad and wasn't very moisturizing and might dry out your hair a bit.  So when I went to pick it up I decided to look at a few other brands at Sally's Beauty Supply.  I liked that this one had moisturizing ingredients in it and it smelled really yummy.

What I loved:  This purple shampoo was effective, did not dry out my hair and it smelled good.  My husband even noticed that it helped my hair look "less orange."

What I didn't love:  The only complaint I have is that it isn't sulfate free.  My hair, scalp and bacne (I know that's not really a word) do better with sulfate free shampoo and conditioner.

Overall:  I would highly recommend this to anyone with blonde hair.  It will make your hair look amazing!



P.S.  I'm posting my going blonde pics and story later this week and will link it here after it posts. :)


post signature

1 comment:

  1. I have a question. Has anyone commented on whether it leaves a purple or blue tint on grey hair if left on too long? I hate that about of these shampoos. Thanks

    ReplyDelete