Thursday, July 12, 2012

Simple Geometric Nails

Today I borrowed some of my sister's new summer nail polishes and decided to use tape to make a simple, but fun, geometric nail design.  I used two Sally Hansen Hard as Nails Xtreme wear colors (Blue it, and Sunkissed) and one Petites nail polish in Passion Orange.

I used the orange (Sunkissed) as a base, let it dry, and then used tape to cover all but a triangle going across the tip of my nail.  I alternated the direction of the triangle on the nails and the colors that I used.  I had to try to make the tape less sticky or else it pulled off the base coat.  I then let them dry and painted with a clear top coat.

Here's the finished product (I'm sure anyone could do this and make it look better than I did, I'm not the best nail painter)


No comments:

Post a Comment