Thursday, July 12, 2012

DIY Texturizing Beach Spray

Beach sprays have been all over Pinterest for a few months now.  I looked at a lot of different recipes and made one a few months ago.  I've used it quite a few times (actually more than I've used any other styling product) and have loved it.

Here's what I used:

Garnier Fructis Curl Sculpting Cream Gel
Neutrogena Triple Moisture Silk Touch Leave in Cream
Suave Professionals Men Styling Gel Firm Hold
Epsom Salts
Warm Water

Kind of random products?  Yes.  Did it work out great and smell amazing?  Heck yes!

The great thing about this is that it doesn't have to be exact and you can use what you have around the house.

An approximate recipe/formula:

1.5 Cups warm water
4-6 Tablespoons epsom salts
2-3 Tablespoons gel (I used a bit more because I used the             cream gel which is a little weaker)
2 Tablespoons leave in conditioner


I would recommend using this as a loose guide.  Obviously if you don't want super crunchy/salty hair, start with less salt and build up to your desired level.

I have used this a lot and have really liked it.  It smells great with these particular products and really texturizes my fine hair.  I have no natural wave or curl to my hair, so if I want wavy beach hair, I use this and then do loose curls with a curling iron after it is dry.  If I just want to make my hair look fuller for a certain hairstyle, I just put this in, scrunch it and dry it and then style it carefully, and my hair looks much thicker.  I would not try to comb through your hair after applying this, it gives lots of body and texture and is not good for sleek or non-messy styles.

Thanks for reading!!



Linking up with the BeYoutiful link up party!

No comments:

Post a Comment