Friday, July 20, 2012

Make the Old New Again: Nail Polish

There have been a lot of amazing nail polish colors on Pinterest and Youtube lately.  It makes me want to buy way too much nail polish that I don't need.  I've been getting bored with the colors I have, but the other day I decided to start layering them over each other to get new colors.  So far I am loving the results.

Here's the colors I currently have:



Many of them are a few years old.  If you have a nail polish that is starting to get goopy, you can just add a few drops of acetone nail polish remover to it and shake it up.  Typically this will make the polish almost as good as new again.








The first combination I have tried is this teal green with the sheer sparkly baby blue over top.



The results is this awesome turquoise color.  I think it actually has more dimension to it than a similar color from one bottle could ever have.











Here's a few other color combos I want to try:




The best way to do it is to put the more opaque color down first and then to layer the more sheer or sparkly color on top.  I want to try the lime green with the shimmery white on top, the pink with the sheer shimmery blue and the baby pink with the shimmery blue.

The two Sally Hansen polishes are the Hard as Nails in Frozen Solid 680, and Heart of Stone 230.  All of my other polishes are ones I have found at different odd ball stores, but they have worked great.

No comments:

Post a Comment