Monday, October 27, 2014

Easy, Flawless Skincare Routine


Ever since I started getting acne in jr. high, I have been obsessed with skincare.  I research things, I try everything, and sometimes I go a bit overboard.  I am lucky enough to have a Licensed Esthetician on my Perfectly Posh team.  She is super patient with us when we have questions and gives great advice! 

I have always wanted a regimen to take care of my face (wash, masks, scrubs, etc.) but have not been able to really figure it out on my own.  I either get too excited with my exfoliation and do it too many days, or else I don't do it enough, or I try to adjust my routine according to my skin, but as I decrease my exfoliation days or mask days, I end up forgetting to do that part altogether. So I asked her what would be a good schedule.  

Well here is what she said: Cleanse and Moisturize twice a day, Exfoliate 2-3 x's a week and Mask 1-2 x's a week for a more aggressive mask (clay or mud) or 2-4 x's a week for a gentle, moisturizing mask.  Listen to your skin, make sure you don't dry out your skin, dry skin=wrinkles.  If your skin starts to get dry, back off on the masks and hydrate for a few days. Also, exfoliation doesn't have to be scrubby there are chemical exfoliants too (alpha hydroxy acids and beta hydroxy acids).  Masks will penetrate 50% more if you do an exfoliant first.  Ideally you'd cleanse 2x, exfoliate, mask, moisturize.



I then altered it just a teensy tiny bit to work for me.  So here's what I have been trying to do:

  • Cleanse and Moisturize in the morning (if your skin is dry/not oily, you don't have to wash in the morning, but you may still want to moisturize)
  • Cleanse and Moisturize every night
  • 2 x's a week (2 days apart from each other at least)
    • Cleanse x's 2, Exfoliate, Mask, Moisturize



I am using my Perfectly Posh Complexion Perfection cleanser, Moisturize 911 caffeine infused moisturizer, Shine Bright Like a Diamond microdermabrasion scrub with diamond dust, and the Stripper Detox Body Mud.

If you already have a cleanser and moisturizer that you love, you can buy Jojoba beads to add to your current cleanser to use it as an exfoliant 2 x's a week.  Hopefully you already have a cleanser and moisturizer that you like and you can add a scrub and a mask easily.

Thanks for reading!! I hope this is useful information :)
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment