Wednesday, October 1, 2014

D.I.Y. Peplum Top

Jackson and I are going to go pick apples at our new house later today.  I was thinking about how I needed to take some pictures of him and then I realized today is the first day of the fall fashion challenge from Still Being Molly.  
Each day of October she has a theme to help inspire your outfit, today's theme is plaid.  At first I was just going to not participate today, because I don't really have many good plaid options and I already had a shirt on, but then I had this crazy idea to wear my hubby's plaid shirt (that I don't really like) over my tee as kind of a jacket.  
I threw it on and went to the mirror and was thinking it over, analyzing it, and I put my hands on my hips.  Suddenly the shirt had shape, it looked really good, it made me look like I had the perfect hourglass figure.  Light bulb!  I could use my old purple belt from the D.I. (thriftstore) to hold it that way.  


After looking all over through the house I found the belt and put it on a bit above my belly button and gently tugged at the bottom of the shirt until there weren't pleats in the front.  It made the bottom fan out and look amazing in the front and the back.  I love it!  What do you think?


Now it's your turn to rummage through the closet, find a dress shirt that's a bit too big for you and a belt and make your own.  It's easy and super flattering on all figures!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment