Wednesday, August 6, 2014

D.I.Y. spa-at-home facial

Have you always dreamed of going to a fancy spa?  If I could go to a spa and relax and have a massage, facial, pedicure, manicure, etc. I would be in heaven.  Maybe one day I will realize this dream.  In the meantime, I can do a pretty good job of pampering myself at home.


I love reading articles about at home spa treatments, especially facials.  I want to share with you the easiest way I have found to pamper yourself at home with a facial.  :)


Step 1:  Open up your pores with some steam.  You can either take a nice, hot, steamy shower or run a wash cloth under very warm (but not burning hot) water and then place it over your face.  Either method feels soooo good and helps relax you as it opens your pores and dilates your blood vessels.

Step 2:  Scrub gently.  You can use a gentle scrubbing face wash or you can use some sugar with a bit of oil and water.  Gently glide your fingers in small circles over your face for about 2 minutes then rinse.

Step 3:  Mask.  Chose either a moisturizing or soothing mask or a clay mask for a very deep clean. You can make your own mask from honey, nutmeg and cinnamon.  Be careful with this mask as it can be irritating for skin (I can only use it on certain parts of my face).  I love the stripper mask from perfectly posh.  It really deep cleans your skin and makes it feel amazing.  I also love the "Calm down!" mask with aloe, oatmeal, and banana.  It also leaves your skin feeling clean, relaxed and amazing.

Step 4:  Serum and Moisturizer and Facial Massage:  Apply a serum to your face, gently patting it into your skin.  If you don't have a serum you can skip this step.  Next you want a moisturizer that you can use to massage into your face, a milky moisturizer is recommended.  The moisturizer I currently have that I love is Moisturize 911.  I can massage for about two minutes with this moisturizer.  A thinner moisturizer would allow for a longer more thorough massage.

These videos shows a technique for massage that is being credited as the beauty secret of models and other seemingly flawless individuals.





Happy pampering!!

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment