Wednesday, July 2, 2014

SPF: Sun Product Fabulousness





































It has been such a busy week!  We went to the Zoo today and it was so stinkin' hot!

Which inspired me to write this post all about how to protect yourself from the sun and not feel like you have been baked.

  1. Stay hydrated!  
    1. Drink lots of water (or a preferred healthy-ish beverage)
    2. Eat lots of fruits and veggies (I ate a ton of fruit today and drank water, my hubby just drank water and he was way more worn out.  The water in the fruit really helps your body.)
  2. SPF for every part of your body!  My favorites are
    1. Up & Up spray on sunblock in the two pack from target  (it's a great deal and it sprays great and protects as well as any other product with the same SPF)
    2. Olay Complete Facial Moisturizer with SPF (I also love the equate version)
    3. Garnier Fructis Color Shield Shampoo and Conditioner (this has UVA and UVB protection, it is not just for color treated hair and will protect natural hair too.  When I use this my scalp never burns.  Bonus!)
  3. Take care of yourself afterwards!
    1. Banana Boat After Sun Lotion is my favorite!  (it smells so good and it makes your skin feel so good after you've been out in the sun too long)
    2. Keep drinking lots of water and eating fruits/veggies
    3. Rest!


Thanks so much for reading!!  I promise I won't slack off again next week :)

Share any of your sun tips below in the comments :)

post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment