Sunday, February 16, 2014

Brown Sugar Facial Scrub


I'm starting to get excited for spring! But it's very much still winter, so... Here's a quick pick-me-up for your skin. Winter can be--or actually is--really hard on your face. This will exfoliate and moisturize your skin and leave it baby's bum soft :)

The recipe:

One part grape seed oil (or olive oil or coconut oil or any oil you want to use on you face)
Two parts brown sugar

I just put the sugar in the little dish and poured a bit of oil in. Then I went to my bathroom sink and scooped some up in my fingers and started gently massaging it in circular motions into my whole face. Then I rinsed with warm water. Your face will still be slightly oily but it will absorb in and make your skin really soft and moisturized. 

If you have oily, acne prone skin don't go all crazy and start doing this every day. It might make you break out. Once a week or so should be plenty to get the moisturization and exfoliation benefits without overdoing it.

Benefits of brown sugar and grape seed oil:

The sugar is high in glycolic acid which helps in skin turnover and in helping acne and skin discoloration. Brown sugar is better for sensitive skin vs white sugar. Grape seed oil is great for moisturization and for actually helping acne! It also helps dry skin/sensitive skin issues like eczema. It has mild astringent properties, helps tighten pores, and makes skin smooth.

No comments:

Post a Comment