Saturday, November 23, 2013

Welcome to The Price is Right!


























Drugstore makeup is an incredible bargain when compared with high end makeup.  But it is still not the cheapest stuff and can really add up.  By planning ahead you can save 50% or more on your favorite makeup.


How does one do this?

  • Sales
  • Manufacturer coupons
  • Store coupons
  • Store rewards

In order to really save I try to match up at least 3 of these 4 on a transaction.

For example: 

Riteaid had Maybelline products buy one get one half off and a $5 reward for spending $15 on Maybelline.  I also had a manufacturer coupon for Maybelline mascara.  I bought 3 products (it would've been smarter to buy 4) and saved quite a bit.






















Another Example:

Ulta had Revlon products on sale for BOGO half off, I had a manufacturer coupon for $1.50 off a foundation and another for $2 off a foundation and an Ulta coupon for $3.50 off a $10 purchase.  I saved a ton on this one!  I got both foundations for slightly less than the price of the more expensive one.


Most of my coupons I find and print from coupons.com.  I also get some redplum and P&G coupons in the mail.  I don't get the Sunday paper so I actually probably miss out on some good coupons each week.

I look at the Riteaid ad online about once a week and look for good sales that also have +UP rewards.  You get money back basically as a gift card/voucher with the +UP rewards.

I also look for sales at Ulta, especially if I can use their coupon with the sale.

Hopefully this gives you some good ideas and inspiration so you can save some of your hard earned dollars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment