Friday, October 24, 2014

Friday Faves: Warren Miller Ski Movie and The Stripper

This week has been pretty fun and good. It is amazing that I can say that, because this week has also been very stressful and challenging. We are remodeling our new house and not making the progress that we want to on it. It seems we work on it a ton and make some progress and then we have a huge mess at the house we live in. It has been so stressful. Also this last week Jackson has not been sleeping well at all (he finally slept good last night!) and it is hard to be motivated to do anything when you feel like a zombie and you have a whiny (because he's exhausted too) little guy clinging to you.



Wait...so why was it a good week then? Because Steve and I finally went and did something relaxing and not house related, and I finally have devoted some time to something not house related. We went to the Warren Miller Ski Movie at Peery's Egyptian Theater in Ogden. That place is amazing! 

We went straight after I got off work, so I was in my "professional dress" clothes. Not good ski movie attire at all! I was afraid I would feel awkward around everyone in their fun beanies and sporty clothes, but there was such a fun atmosphere there and it was obvious that nobody cared what you were wearing. We got passes to Snowbird, Powder, and Steam Boat with our tickets too, so I'm super excited about that. 

The movie itself was awesome! If you love traveling, scenery, snow, mountains, the outdoors, or watching snow sports, I highly recommend you go see one of these movies. I loved it! I have never been skiing and have only been snowboarding a handful of times, but the movie was more than just skiing and snowboarding footage. There was awe inspiring footage, history, information about all of the areas they showed (Alaska; Japan; the Swiss, French and Italian Alps; Greece; Norway; Switzerland; and Vale Colorado), and some amazing skiers and snowboarders sharing laughs and their experiences with you. I really, really want to go to Greece now! The towns that they trekked through to get to Mount Olympus were set in beautiful mountains with so few people and architecture and bridges 1000's of years old.



If you're curious about The Stripper, she was making my life better on Monday and Thurday with a little mini spa night. You see, The Stripper is a face mask, a deep cleaning, detoxifying, purpley muddy face mask. My skin has been struggling a bit in the acne department the last few weeks, but after using The Stripper this week, it is so much better. Plus I feel much better after coating my face in mud that smells like vanilla and laying in bed for a few minutes.



Makeup wise I am absolutely loving my Under Wonder Primer with my Acne fighting foundation. I can fake glowing healthy skin with these two and my Maybelline Dream Lumi and some blush. It comes in handy when you've got a breakout and only a few hours of very interrupted sleep. I use the primer after my moisturizer, then the foundation, then the Lumi on my dark under eye shallows and then hit my cheeks with blush and apply just a bit of blush to my nose, above my brows and above my upper lip.  :)  Now that I have lighter, reddish blonde hair, I have been playing around with different lip and eyeshadow colors. So far I really love this Maybelline Coral Gleam lipstick I picked up a while ago.

Thanks for reading!

post signature


No comments:

Post a Comment